Saturday, April 16, 2011

A child's prayer

Don't ever let your children pray for the opportunity to build a snowman in April.  I'm certain that is exactly how we came to have about 6 inches of snow after a gorgeous 70 degree day before.

On Saturday (the 2nd of April and General Conference weekend), Scarlett looked at me after coming in from playing outside and said, "Mom!  We never got to build a snow man!"  So I said that she would just have to ask Heavenly Father for some snow so we can build one.  The very next morning, I awoke to this:
IMG_0530edit sm WM
You can imagine that Scarlett was thrilled!  I was not.  I could only hope that it would melt quickly!  Although, it was pretty out there.  Scarlett immediately was begging Dad to go out and help her build a snowman.
IMG_0541edit sm WM
Dad builds the snowmen in this family, so I took pictures from the window in the kitchen. 
How can you say no to this little face?  I couldn't, so I dug out some stuff to put a face on her snowmen.
A perfect carrot nose.
IMG_0535edit sm WM
Apparently it wasn't great packing snow, so they built 2 little snowmen.
IMG_0547edit sm WM
IMG_0550edit sm WM
The snowmen were so melted by lunch time that they had tipped over.  That's my kind of snow day.  ;)
IMG_0551edit sm WM
Here is Cohen that same morning enjoying a roll. 
IMG_0555edit BW sm WM
IMG_0554edit sm WM
Conference was especially good this time around.  It was one of those times when I really felt like every talk was meant just for me.  If you'd like to read more, click here.  We were also lucky to be able to spend the weekend with Steve's mom, Brenda.  She was in town and we had a great time with her!  The kids keep asking if she still lives in Hawaii.  :)

I wish I could say that this was the last of the snow in April.  :/  Maybe May will be better?

No comments: