Saturday, March 19, 2011

Did you get pinched on Thursday?

Surprisingly, I didn't.  I didn't even wear green for the holiday and Cohen and Kelan didn't have a lick of green on them either... Kanyon and Scarlett did, but only because I was afraid that someone might really pinch them at gymnastics that day.  However, I was a good mom** and actually made some St. Patrick's day themed food.

**I say "good mom" because I seriously was up all night with a crying baby and I actually made both of these items around 3:30am.  No sense in wasting time awake listening to the kid cry... so I got some things done.  

A pot of "gold".
I forget how completely NOT messy jigglers are.  I'll be making these more often I think!  Love that you can pretty much bounce pass them to your kids with no mess. ;)  Oh and the pot of gold was supposed to be put in little individual hollowed-out limes for each kid, but the only limes I could find would have held one piece of gold.  Not worth it... so I improvised.
The yummy "green velvet" cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  Yum.  I made them last year too.  :)  Remember?
IMG_0451edit sm WM
IMG_0452edit sm WM
And no... they aren't very pretty. (Would anything be very pretty made at 3:30 in the morning though?!?) I always overfill them. Something to strive for when I make cupcakes next. Seriously, it drives me crazy.  With Scarlett turning 4 in a couple weeks and Cohen turning 2 in about a month... I'm sure I'll be getting some practice!

No comments: