Friday, August 31, 2007

The Farm: Part 1

The Horses!

When we spend time in Illinois, we love to play at the farm. We especially love to ride the horses. Last year Kanyon wouldn't even sit on one, but this year he was a pro and rode them all over with Steve and I!




My experience on Mr. T was a new one this trip! I've never been bucked before, but apparently that's what happens when a horse fly lands on your horse's behind and you don't notice fast enough to swat it off for him. ;) It was a little scary, but he was just letting me know what he needed. Lesson learned!

**By the way, those horse flies are so huge and nasty that if my horse wasn't bucking, I don't know if I'd have the courage to swat at it!


Jim, Steve's dad, was great to saddle up all three horses for us and let us play there all day. I also was able to catch him working with Tombstone (the grey horse) a little bit.



Just some funny pictures of the the horses. :) Lacy... Tombstone's teeth... and Mr. T's tongue!



2 comments:

Team O'Connor said...

That farm looks amazing. I bet you guys had so much fun! I would seriosuly pee my pants if I got bucked on a horse. Really. I don't think I would ever get on a horse again.

Lillian said...

What an AMAZING and beautiful place this is. It's really like somewhere in a dream!