Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cohen is 2!

On Friday, Cohen officially turned 2 years old.  He didn't really know what was going on, but he enjoyed opening up gifts from us that day. 
IMG_0875edit sm WM
Kanyon and Scarlett gave him some "Cars" toys.  They change colors in the warm and cold water, so bath time has been extra fun for him since then.
IMG_0883edit sm WM
Steve and I gave him a little bike without pedals.  He rides it around the house and is getting better at controlling it.  Normally it wouldn't be in the house, but with the cold/snow we've had... I have been a softy and let him.  The older kids have liked riding it in the house too, although, they are a little faster and crazier on it and I'm looking forward to it having a new home out in the garage this week.  ;)
I'm predicting that Cohen will be able to ride a 2-wheel bike before Scarlett.  She's still on the training wheels and I don't think she has much of a desire to take them off any time soon.  She might surprise me though.   Steve and I really dislike the training wheel stage, so we are trying to eliminate that phase altogether with Cohen (and Kelan once Cohen moves on from this bike).

We let him pick a place to eat dinner out with our little family Friday night and he chose Noodles of course, along with Red Mango for dessert.  My kids are so predictable.  :)  They love a routine!

I can't believe that he's already 2, but then I look at Kelan at almost 9 months and I think... is he really only just 2?  ;)  

Here are the pictures from the family party we had on Saturday.  We had a pasta dinner with salad, garlic bread, and watermelon.  Here is the cake I made for Cohen:
We had to keep it hidden from him because we knew he'd just want the cars off the top.  ;)  I'm glad we did, because I was right!
It was a 2 layer chocolate cake with mini chocolate chips inside... a much denser/richer cake.  I usually just use boxed cake mix, but this time I did it differently. The icing was just buttercream, aside from the black fondant that I used to make the road on top.
IMG_0899edit FG sm WM
Here's Cohen after he ate a little cake and mostly icing.  :)  
He got lots of great gifts from everyone!  
His siblings and cousins were very helpful in opening gifts with him.
IMG_0907edit FG sm WM
IMG_0915edit BW sm WM
IMG_0913edit FG sm WM
IMG_0916edit FG sm WM
IMG_0911edit BW sm WM
IMG_0919edit FG sm WM
IMG_0909edit FG sm WM
IMG_0917edit FG sm WM
IMG_0918edit BW sm WM
It was fun!  Thanks so much to everyone that came and all the nice presents he received!   He has loved them all... a few of them Kanyon has so kindly tried to talk Cohen into letting him have.  ;)  Gotta love the big brother!

**Cohen just saw the doctor on Thursday and here are his stats as a 2 year old:

          Weight:  27.8 lbs - 40%
          Height:  34.5 in - 50%
          Head:    49.6 cm - 70%
So funny, his doctor saw his weight and said, whoa!  He's so skinny, I expected him to weigh much less!  Nope, just my solid little boy.  :)

1 comment:

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

what an amazing party! That cake looks awesome! I also love that picture you got of G&G! So precious!