Monday, October 4, 2010

Wishing for Fall

I know technically it is Fall now... but it's still been 90 degree weather here lately. So, I've had to improvise and bake things and do things that make it feel like Fall. I'm hoping that soon we can really get out the long sleeve shirts, the jackets, and the boots, etc...

I have been busy doing a lot of canning... peach, raspberry, and peach/raspberry freezer jam... salsa and stewed tomatoes (thanks to my friend, Jen)... and soon to be doing applesauce. YUM.
IMG_9032edit sm WM
IMG_9030edit sm WM
I also had some leftover peaches from making the freezer jam, so I made a peach pie. It was SO good and I ate entirely too much of it. It was probably about the time that I decided it was necessary to start a regular workout schedule. ;)
IMG_9029edit sm WM
Halloween is just around the corner, as well as my 29th birthday... I'm ready for Halloween and have my kids costumes already, but I'm not ready for my birthday because it means that the one following it officially takes me out of my 20s and I feel like I can't possibly be that old. I remember when my own mom turned 30 and I thought she was ancient... yikes!

Can't I just stay 28 forever?

No comments: