Monday, May 10, 2010

Cohen's First Birthday Party

We had Cohen's birthday party last Saturday with just family. The theme was The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Here's the invite I sent out...

Front:
Back:
I made these caterpillar cakes. The little one was just for Cohen to have.

Kanyon helped Cohen blow out his candle.
He started digging in... a little timid at first.
Here he is sharing handfuls of smushed cake with his siblings and cousins. They thought it was hilarious, so he kept it up.
Pretty sure it's safe to say that he loves cake... especially frosting now. He made some fuss when I finally decided he'd had enough of his first sugar high and took the cake away. I loved his 'cake beard' in the photo below.
It was so nice and easy to just have family be there for this one. I had Jason's Deli cater the sandwiches. Steve agreed it was the easiest party yet. I think we might do a few more this way instead of a big bash. :)

What can I say? The more children I have, the lazier I get. ;)

2 comments:

Mical said...

Those cakes turned out SO cute! Nice work!

Kimberly said...

you seriously made those?!"?!?!!?!?!? WHAT? Haha youre amazing