Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Routine

is back, and I couldn't be happier.

Kanyon has had preschool and played at friend's houses while Scarlett gets to go to gymnastics again and I have Jenny (the kids' sitter) back from Christmas break. Yay!

I'll be catching up on other things that went on over the Christmas/New Year's holiday but I just don't feel like blogging about that stuff at the moment. :) Okay, so I don't feel like editing pictures right now either. I don't even mean to make them pretty, I just mean to resize them and throw them on the blog. Eventually I'll get to it. They'll still appear in their correct order as well, so you'll just have to look back.

It was a stretch, but I did pull out my camera for a moment today. Kanyon was at a friend's house and Scarlett and Cohen and I had just returned from running some errands. I was going to hit up Costco until I realized that my coupons don't start for another 2 days. Oops. :/

I promised Scarlett McDonald's for lunch today since Kanyon was having fun elsewhere.
Cohen always hangs under the table when the kids are eating. It's like his own personal jungle gym. How big does he look in his jeans and Hurley hoodie?
It's been some bad nights due to some major teething happening. He now has his second bottom tooth and is working on some others.
Cohen turned 8 months just a week ago and is now walking behind his little walker. It's the cutest thing and the kids are so proud of him.

Scarlett has been complaining about her ear hurting since Sunday night. We took her to instacare late Sunday and the doc said they were clear. Huh?? Anyway, she's still complaining about it and waking up crying at night and in her naps during the day. The doctor said it could just be some pressure on her ears from the minor cold she's had. Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon. She woke up this afternoon crying from her nap and I went in and asked her what she needed or what I could get for her and she said, through tears... " I want Kanyon." As a mom, I was thinking... how sweet is this? She loves her brother so much that when she wakes up sad and in pain she wants him. So, I told Kanyon to go in and lay down with her for a minute because she wanted him and was sad. He didn't want to be interrupted, but I nicely forced him to do his big brother duty. ;) He warmed up to it after a minute and this is a picture I snapped a few minutes into it.
It really makes me happy to see their relationship grow more every day. Steve even made the comment yesterday about how much fun they are always having together. They are always laughing and doing things together. They still play with their own toys, but they integrate a lot. Kanyon's batman will save Scarlett's princesses or doll house people from the pirates. It's fun to watch what they come up with to keep both happy. It makes my life easier, that's for sure. Now if only Cohen could go up and down the stairs by himself and not choke on all their little toys in their playroom, and I'd be set! ;)

3 comments:

Mical said...

That last line made me laugh out loud. They are so cute. All my kids seem to do lately is fight...ugh! And, why can't we seem to connect? Life seems so crazy right now. :(

M to the E to the R to the I said...

Oh my goodness! He is too cute in that outfit! And Scarlett is such a doll.

Kimberly said...

That is such a cute story :)