Friday, July 9, 2010

James received his Mission Call!

On Wednesday, the long awaited day arrived. We all gathered together at Ken and Babata's house for James (the youngest of the five Sonnenberg boys) to read and find out where and when he would be going to serve for the next 2 years.

Here he is with his envelope while we waited for everyone to get there.
Those that couldn't be there were present via Skype and conference calls.
(the reason for the laptop in front of him... Brenda and Barry were watching him read his call - isn't technology great?)

He is going to Lubbock, Texas and reports to the MTC on October 13th! We are so happy for him. Below you can see how happy Grandmother Cahoon is talking to Brenda about it. James has some pretty excited nieces and nephews as well and they have all kept James in their prayers.
We had a great dinner afterward with Aunt Carol's famous lasagna. It was such a fun evening!
Congrats, James!! We're SO proud of you and think you'll be an awesome missionary!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Meghan!
I spent 3 years in Lubbock for grad school...if I can offer anything let me know. I know the LDS community very well there---I'm guessing he will really feel at home.

Meghan said...

Thank you, Tiffany! I will definitely pass the offer on to him and let you know if he has any questions! :)

Jen Bird said...

I am so happy for him!! How exciting!!