Friday, March 30, 2007

Long Night


Well, I mentioned in my post yesterday that Kanyon wasn't feeling too hot... He went to bed at about 6:30 last night after we gave him a puff of his albuterol inhaler because he was weezing pretty bad. At about quarter to 8, I went in to check on him because I heard him cry out. Well, he was really hot and really struggling to breath. I panicked because Steve had just left 15 minutes earlier for a basketball game, so I was alone. I didn't think I could get to instacare before 8 when it closes, but I knew he really needed a breathing treatment.

So, I called Steve and he turned around. Instacare was closed so off to the ER we went. We got home at about 11:45pm. Kanyon's fever was down and he was no longer weezing at all. The trip was successful, but LONG. I have to say that he enjoyed himself getting cookies and toys from all the nice nurses at the hospital and he ran around in his diaper and socks (I promise we brought him with clothing, but we had to strip him to get the fever down) for the last hour and a half after he was feeling better from meds and the breathing treatment he got. He was great entertainment...

S0, he has the croup as I suspected. Hopefully he recovers fast and he can get back to his happy little self again!

2 comments:

Lindsey Lee said...

Poor little Kanyon! What a scary experience! Its good to got him to ER fast. Does he have asthma? My nephew has it and he has to get treatments all the time. I hope his croop gets better!!

Jen Bird said...

Oh my gosh. What a night!! I am sorry. I hope he gets feeling better. I'll be calling you a little bit :-)